Bonfiglioli, who already held a 33% share of Catalan company Tecnotrans, have acquired a further 62% to bring its total shareholding to 95%. The remaining 5% is still held by Francisco Bassas, who stays on as the company’s CEO.
This acquisition comes after more than 40 years of collaboration between the two companies. The Italian Group made its first ever sale outside Italy through Tecnotrans, who have remained a trusted partner ever since.
Tecnotrans specialises in the assembly and sale of Bonfiglioli power transmission and industrial electronic products and also offers an efficient technical assistance and design service.
Tecnotrans was formed in April 1968. The company is presently based in the Barcelona Free Zone where it occupies an area of 10,000 square metres. (A second unit of 1000 sq.m. is located in Valls, Tarragona.) Tecnotrans turned over 25.3 million Euros in 2013 and in the first quarter of 2014 recorded 8% growth over the same period of last year.
The recent increase in Bonfiglioli’s shareholding in Tecnotrans is part of a strategy of internationalisation and focus that Bonfiglioli has been pursuing for some time, and is intended to help Bonfiglioli offer more rapid, dedicated and professional services to customers worldwide.